Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Finally a Girl!

For those of you who know my side of the family, I have three sisters and one brother. Between all of us together, there are 11 rambunctious grandsons for my parents to enjoy. For a while it was somewhat of a race to have the first girl and now the race is over!

After five weeks of bed rest and one week in the hospital, my sister, Erin, delivered the first grand daughter, Carlie Marie McSpadden, yesterday morning at 1 am. She was only 25 weeks and 2 days along (about 99 days early) but is doing amazing so far! She came out breathing on her own and had an apgar score of 9 - amazing for a preemie!

Because this all happened in Spokane I don't have any pictures, so look at my other sister's blog here (thanks Mindy!).

I must say how proud of my sister I am. This was her third and, by far, her hardest pregnancy. There were lots of complications and moments of frustration along the way. I don't think I would have been strong enough to endure what she has; she has been a great example to me of strength, patience and love. I have to give credit to her husband, Jeremy, too for being there with her the whole way and for big brothers Avery and Boddee too. Love you , sis!

(I know, I am still going to post pics of the second half of my NY trip...I haven't forgotten!)

4 comments:

Lee and Sharon said...

Thanks Kris. We have many blessings and are grateful for each one. One of which are sisters who stick together and support each other.
By the way, I am already buying pink things for Carlie. She is so tiny and has a long way to go before she gets to come home. She gets a drop of milk from a dropper for her feeding. They were going to try to feed her that much today and see if it would agree.

Em and Ms said...

That's so exciting for your family! That's amazing that she's doing so well. I'm sure there's still a long road ahead, but hopefully she'll pull through just fine.

Stephanie Salmon said...

Wow. How tiny is she! I'm so glad she's doing well. Are you still flying up there? When do you leave?

Tamara said...

I talked with your Mom at the Temple on Tuesday night. What a blessing that little Carlie is doing so well.
I didn't know that she was the first granddaughter.
What is it with all of these little boys? Out of 19 great grandchildren, 13 of them are boys.
Take care and I am looking forward to seeing your pictures of Ithaca and my grand darlings.
Love
Mom Mecham