Saturday, December 29, 2012

More Macie



This is a mash up of two posts I've been meaning to write for too long. Both, of course, about Macie. :) I have Christmas etc. to write about, but first I have to post about Macie girl once more.

A month ago I wrote a bunch of nick-knacks to remember about Macie's first 3 weeks of life. She's 7 weeks old now, so I've added some updates here and there. 


AND... like I said before my friend, Tiffany, took some sweet photos of Macie so below are more pics from that photo shoot.


Here are some details about life so far with Little Pip:

~The boys adore their little sister with their whole souls and stick to her like a magnet when she's in the room.



~She hasn't lost an eyeball yet and has only been laid on a couple of times. 
Update: She still hasn't lost an eyeball, but I left the room for a whole 30 second and found Lincoln holding her upside down by her feet last week. 

~The first week of life with Macie was HARD.  It seems like for every good night we had with her, there were two bad nights to go along. Good = eating and going back to sleep. Bad = crying majority of the long, long, sleepless night.
Update: life has improved MUCH since then.









~When she was three weeks old we moved her into her own room and she's sleeping in her crib full time now. 

~She's sleeping great at night, waking up once usually around 4 am.  During the day she's a stinker and wakes up multiple times per nap. I've added the fan to her room and that's helped some.
Update:  She's been sleeping through the night most nights - usually 6 or 7 hours at a time. Wohoo!

~She's nursing beautifully, for which I am VERY grateful.  She was slow as molasses for the first couple weeks but she has figured out how to eat more efficiently now. And she's not a snacker, which brings much sanity to my life.

~Loves her car seat but not a big fan of the swing or bouncy chair.
Update: She now has a strong dislike of her carseat but loves swinging.













~She hates binkies and it's breaking my heart. I remember having to convince Lincoln that he liked binkies, but this girl is a whole other story.  They just gag her.  I haven't given up trying though... I'm determined to make a binky lover out of her. 
Update: I could just cry and jump for joy because finally a few nights ago at 6 weeks old she FINALLY started taking a binky!!! After much prayer and moments of desperation something just clicked and she figured it out. I know all this talk about binkies sounds dramatic, but this has made the next year of my life MUCH easier. I haven't been able to go to the store, to friends' houses, church, anywhere, without her waking up and crying. And the only way to console her was unbuckling her from her car seat and holding her while pushing the cart. Right. That's a nightmare with two other boys wandering around me like free electrons at the same time.  This has greatly improved the quality of my life and has, in all reality, been an answer to many prayers. :)

~She smiled for the first time Tuesday night! She's smiled three times for me now but I have yet to get it on camera.
Update: She smiles all the time now. I will just catch her smiling randomly at the wall, Christmas tree, etc. It's pretty darling. 






~She has grandpa hair now!   
During her second bath, I used the scrub brush (from the hospital) on her head and after I dried her off I  realized all the hair from the front half of her head was totally gone. Ha ha. I scrubbed it all off so she is totally bald now except in back. She has blonde peach fuzz starting to grow in but I fear it will be a LONG time before anything girlish appears.
 

~Macie was born tongue tied. See? 
(The frenulum under the tongue keeps her tongue from sticking out as far as it should and creates a heart shaped tongue).



We had it clipped last week at 6 weeks old.  We were going to have to do it anyway because it affects speech, teeth, jaw and facial formation. But we decided to do it now because she was making a clicking noise when she would nurse sometimes and would swallow a lot of air. We also had hopes that it would help her to not gag on her binky.

~She has become so alert and loves to look around and especially loves laying under the Christmas tree and staring at all the lights.

~She rolled over two times from belly to back a few days ago. She hasn't done it since so it was most likely an accident.

I can't get enough of her. Even if it's 4 in the morning and I'm slightly grumpy and have a fraction of bitterness in my heart that I have to get out of my warm bed to feed her. Even then I just can't get enough of her sweet, innocent self.

4 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Love this post. Love her smile. You should come over during school some day.

Lee and Sharon said...

She is such a cute little girl.
Thanks for all the updated stuff in your life. (or do you have a life yet?)

Kirk and Falycia said...

She is so cute! Your labor storie made me cry! lol So glad she is here. Your family is beautiful.

Mount Hood Family History Conference said...

ahhhhh she is soooo cute! Thanks for the update and sweet pictures :-) love you kris