Thursday, October 4, 2012

In Limbo

Odds are that the majority of any readers already know the current status of our moving situation... but here's an update if I've assumed in error. :)

We're totally packed up, cleaned and moved out of our beloved little starter home.  And regardless of my roller coaster of feelings that I've had all month, it feels good to be out!  Despite Ben being gone out of town the entire week before the move (and thanks to the MUCH help I had from friends and family that week), the move out this past weekend was fairly relaxed and ahead of schedule actually. It has been a smooth transition thus far. I have lots of pics to document, but alas, those are all on our computer which is currently being stored with all of our other belongings.

So when do we close on our little starter house?  
We were supposed to close tomorrow, but that is most likely going to be postponed until Monday when the buyer's funding is lined up. 

So where are we now? 
We are currently and gratefully lodging with Ben's parents in Lehi for now. We're loving it and the boys are soaking up lots of Marmie time. Each night we've been catching up on season 2 of Downton Abby and each afternoon I've been trying to chisel away at baby girl sewing projects, trying being the key word. What's lined up? A crib skirt, blessing dress, her afghan, and a flower embroidery piece for her wall.

Where's all our stuff? 
Being stored until we move into our new place.

Where's our new place? 
The house we're lined up to buy is in Orem, just south of University, East of State street and West of 800 E. It's a cute little neighborhood nestled right next to Hillcrest elementary and close to lots of stores we shop at. Good or bad... I don't know.  :)

When are we moving in? 
Well worst-case scenario is that we'll close on Oct 15 and get to move in Wednesday, Oct 17th.  Best-case scenario is that underwriting will go quickly and smoothly and we'll close this next Wednesday (Oct 10th) and be able to move in Friday, Oct 12th.  So pretty much we don't know when we're moving yet. 

Perks: 
The sewer line in our new house has been repaired - wohoo!  
We found an awesome fridge for our new house - 3 1/2 years old for only $150.  
The house is ready to move into... no renovations needed!  I don't know what we're going to do with all our free weekends that won't be spent repairing, updating and remodeling our house.  

But until then, I just keep moving in and decorating in my mind... especially the wee girl's room.  I've been collecting all my ideas here and it will be SO nice to bring them to fruition finally!  


3 comments:

Em and Ms said...

I'm glad you updated, since I guess I'm an error to your assumption :) My fault for being mostly a silent observer, but I am very excited for your family. It sounds like despite all the worries and unknowns, things are actually going fairly smoothly with the move. Don't know how you did it without your husband there though! Good luck with Phase 2 of your move and enjoy your little break!

Stephanie Salmon said...

I didn't know any of that? What does that say about me? :( I'm pulling out the I just had twins card. Ha ha. Do you think you'll be able to come meet them before little miss arrives?

Katie said...

Thanks for the updates! I am so excited for you. And I am so sorry I didn't see you while we were in Utah. It was kinda fast. We will be in town for about 2 weeks at Christmas. Will you guys be around? I hope so. Can't wait to see this baby girl. Love ya!