Monday, May 3, 2010

Lincoln Details

Here are some more details from Lincoln's big arrival day:


Despite all my hopes of spontaneously going into labor on my own, Lincoln hung in there until his induction date (last Wednesday) at 39 1/2 weeks. Because of Logan's large size and my fear of having a c-section if baby #2 was even bigger, my OB's agreed to induce a little early (thank heavens!).

So that morning we dropped Logan off at my sister's house (thanks a TON Andy) and headed to the hospital. We got checked in, set up and hooked up to the pit by 9:40 am. I started as a 3 cm dilation and 75% effacement.

Shortly after the pit came the epidural. Heavenly, right? Wrong! It took the edge off the contractions, but even with all my little "boosts" to the epidural, I was still really feeling them... breathing through them. The reason? The labor was progressing WAY faster than they had anticipated.

Finally at noon, the dr. just gave me a HUGE boost of anesthesia and within 15 minutes I couldn't feel or move anything from my diaphragm down. I was finally able to sleep, but was woken up 10 minutes later by the nurse getting the table prepped and ready for pushing. What? Already?! By 12:40 I was pushing and Lincoln was here at 12:56.
Talk about efficiency. :-) What took 12 hours last time took a mere 3 hours this time. Crazy.

Even more crazy is the thought that we're actually a family now, rather than just a young married couple with a baby. It has been so neat bringing another special little spirit into this world, getting to know him and growing to love him even more.




First family picture. My parents brought Logan in later that night to see his new brother. He was interested in Lincoln for about the first 2 minutes (he even had a big picture colored for him and a toy to give his new "baby brubber") but then was distracted by every other fun button and device in the room.


Daddy and Lincoln. Ben did so much to help Lincoln and me in the hospital... he earned the Dad of the year award just by simply "sleeping" on the lousy father's pull out bed at night. :-)


Going home! Here's to the new adventure of learning how to survive and thrive with two boys. Wish us luck. :-)

12 comments:

Kalli said...

#1- Lincoln looks super cute with all his blond hair. And #2- You look WAYYY to good just leaving the hospital. I can't wait to hear all the stories of those two boys together!

Samye said...

He sure came fast! Glad to hear everything went well. You will love having 2 boys, it is so much fun!!

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Just think by the time you have baby #3 it will just come flying out!! I love the name and all the pictures he is precious!!

I love the comment about being a family because that's exactly how I felt after we had Alexis.

I am sure you will quickly adjust to having two kids and it will be like you always had them!

Unknown said...

You guys really are a little family now! I hope everything is going well with two. I can't wait to see Lincoln again and give him lots of snuggles!

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

kristi he is so cute, I have never seen a baby with so much blond (reddish) hair. Glad things went quickly...I wondered why you stopped texting updates ha ha. Hope you are doing well, I have tried calling but I understand you are a busy girl. Love ya sis.

Katy said...

Glad everything went well. I love the picture of Ben and Lincoln. Lincoln has so much hair, and it makes him look like a little man. He's adorable.

Janae said...

Wow, I can't believe you had another 9 pounder vaginally! YOU rock Kristy!

And Lincoln is ADORABLE. I LOVE babies with lots of hair. Ben's got quite the beard too. :) You are such an awesome family and we wish we could be there to see the new addition.

Love ya, thinking of you.

Erin McSpadden said...

Yeah! love the updates sis. I think it's cute how Lincoln looks big in your arms but then so small when Ben is holding him. So sweet, can't wait to meet him.

Erin McSpadden said...

You added more! thanks for putting more picts on, i love it.
You have always liked hospital food Kris! You remember walking over to valley and getting lunch in the summer? lol
The Wizard of OZ, yeah Bo and Ave like that movie too. We ended up buying it after we read the book and Bo watched it for a whole week. The book is better though, When he gets to the age where he can sit and listen with out having pictures you'll have to read the book. It is so very different. Ruby slippers, i don't think so!

Katy said...

I am sorry Lincoln had to be on bili lights. Such a pain! He looks adorable in his "tanning goggles" though.

I also LOVE the hospital. I have another reason to add to your list: I love all the visitors who come to tell you how cute your baby is, and hear all about your labor story. Its all about YOU! You get everyone's undivided attention, and you get to brag! So there, another reason to love the hospital. I have never understood why anyone wants to go home early! ;)

Melissa said...

I'm so glad his bili stuff is down. He's so cute!! Glad it was a fast labor! I almost laughed out loud at your top 10 list b/c I feel the EXACT same way I figured everyone must think I'm crazy. So, I don't think you're crazy :) Hope you're doing well!!

Titus Family said...

Congratulations you guys! We are so happy for you!!! What sweet pictures! And I have to agree with you - those few days in the hospital are kind-of great for relaxation.

Hope you little guy is out of the tanning bed soon so you can suggle him for real! Hope to see you soon.

love to all!