Tuesday, February 19, 2008

the power of cheerios

Back in January we discovered the great power of cheerios... how did I not know about this great secret before now? Sure they are a great, semi-nutritious snack, but wow they have the power to entertain for a very, very long time. Trips to the store (and church!) are a breeze now as long as I have a portable container of "O's" with me. Logan focuses so hard on just picking up one cheerio (actually getting it into his mouth is another story), it takes him forever but he loves it and is developing motor skills at the same time. What did moms ever do before Cheerios came around?

8 comments:

Shawn Colloton said...

I have also heard that they are great for potty training boys. Haven't tried it myself, but I know my mother in law used cheerios to teach her boys to use the potty standing up.

Stephanie Salmon said...

Kristi! So happy to see a new post on your blog. Looks like you found a good inexpensive way to keep your baby happy. I'm glad I'm learning all these tricks before I have kids. :) By the way, did you see my blog? We finally bought a house!

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

Davis loved these too, especially in the car for a quiet snack that didn't leak, melt, or stick to the carpet. Love the pictures kris, great lighting, composition and the subject is amazing!

Megan Erickson said...

Look at his chubby little hands.. i love it..
When he is finally sick of cheerios we switched to raisins! my girls loved them.

Tiffany Johnson said...

i'm with ya on the cheerios! Only, I wish Hailey was still enjoying them as much as she use to. She thinks she is 'too big' for cheerios and is on to more adult type snacks like Nilla Wafers! haha! Enjoy them while you can! I personally enjoy eating cheerios now and then myself. Whoever said cheerios and fish crackers were a kids snack???!!!

Andy said...

I love the chubby little hands. I should buy stock in Cheerios....

Toby and Tammy said...

I still love cheerios. They are a great snack and breakfast food. They're great to take to church too!

Marce said...

ooo, thanks for the tip..i'd better start stocking up :)